Current Positions: Junior SEO Copywriter
About The Role
Orion Marketing Pty Ltd is looking for a permanent part time Junior SEO Copywriter. Do you have excellent writing skills with a flair for words? Are you looking for a role where you can spend most of your time writing?
This is the perfect position for a junior copywriter looking for a fun and rewarding career. You can get your name published online and become our go-to wordsmith. There is scope for the role to grow into a permanent full time position as the business grows.
This is a supportive role to the Director with the following responsibilities:
- Draft fun and engaging articles
- Use Google to research content ideas and topics
- Rewrite content to pass copyscape
- Draft copy for:
- Websites and landing pages
- Guest posts
- Blog articles optimised for SEO keywords and conversion
- Media releases
- Regular client communication and project tracking
- Build relationships with external bloggers and publications, using platforms like SourceBottle
- Assist with our ongoing SEO campaigns
Essential Criteria – Skills and Experience
Please address these points in your cover letter:
- You have a degree and relevant experience in Communications, PR, Journalism or Digital Marketing
- You have at least one year of proven copywriting experience and a portfolio of content to demonstrate this
- You are proficient in Word, Google Docs, Gmail, and Trello/Basecamp or related project management tools
- You are a confident and professional communicator with demonstrated experience in client communication
- Desirable: experience with Google Analytics and keyword research
You will be well suited to this role if you fit the following:
- You work in a studious and methodical manner
- You are professional, driven and motivated to succeed
- You are happy to work as part of a small team, alongside the Director
Only applications including both (1) up to date Resume and (2) Cover Letter (outlining your work experience and addressing each of the Essential Criteria) will be considered.
Benefits and Perks
Job Type: Permanent part time with scope to expand. 3-4 days per week (to suit you).
Salary: Rate of pay negotiable, depending on your experience, and within the $25-$32 per hour range.
- Hub Hyde Park coworking membership – work along side entrepreneurs and business owners in a start of the art cowork space with city views
- Work on the door step of vibrant Oxford Street in Darlinghurst
- Free drinks
- Gym membership
- Professional development assistance
- Work from home options
- Schedule: Weekdays
Supplementary Pay: Commission and performance bonus.
Work Remotely: No. Only local Sydney-based applicants apply. We offer a flexible working model to incorporate office and home based working.
You will be working alongside the business owner.
If you love all things content and digital, meet the above requirements, and you have current working rights in Australia, apply now. For the right applicant this position has an immediate start.
Orion Marketing Pty Ltd is a fast growing digital marketing agency based in Darlinghurst, Sydney. We work from the co-work space Hub Hyde Park. You can enjoy working alongside a diverse community of thriving businesses and entrepreneurs in a state-of-the-art space.
Our clients come from a variety of industries, including allied health care, beauty, exports, finance and more.
Please submit your interest in the role here and we can continue the conversation via email.